The History of Madryn Estate
The Jones-Parry family of the Madryn estate were the biggest landowners on the Peninsula during the nineteenth century and owned most of the land within the parish of Llanbedrog.
The Grade II* listed dower house, built in 1856/57 for Lady Elizabeth Love Jones-Parry of Madryn Estate, is a prime example of a Victorian Gothic mansion.
Today, the Tudor gatehouse is all that remains of the noble mansion that was intentionally destroyed during the 1960's brought about because of dry rot and the deteriorating condition of the building.
Further information on the history of Madryn Castle can be viewed at our reception.